My wife saw the famous Tik Tok “grinder sandwich” and made it for one of our latest Packer party. It was FANTASTIC and a crowd favorite. It got her thinking, what if we followed my [No Flip Burgers – Pellet Grill Addicts] recipe and turned that into a smoked grinder burger?!
Well, whenever my wife starts thinking up creations you know DARN well that I am 100% in to give it a try! Besides, I figured it’d work pretty well given all the components of the dish and, guess what, it did NOT disappoint. Ladies and gentlemen, we present to you: The Pellet Grill Addicts Grinder Burger!
You’ll want to stick close to these flavors and ratios, which are enough for four beautiful burgers!
- Two pounds of fridge cold 80/20 ground beef
- 4 tbsp of cracked black pepper
- 4 tbsp of kosher salt
- 2 tbsp of garlic powder
- 2 tsp of worchestire sauce
- 4 slices of havarti cheese
- 4 cups of shredded lettuce
- A handful of thinly sliced onions
- 8 banana peppers; chopped
- 1 tbsp of shredded parmesan cheese
- 4 tbsp of mayo
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp of garlic powder for the grinder mixture
- 2 tsp of black pepper for the grinder mixture
- 2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 slices of tomato
- Begin by setting your smoker to 250F
- Remove your meat from the fridge and mix in the black pepper, salt, and garlic powder
- Once that’s thoroughly mixed, add the worcheshire sauce
- Patty your meat; two pounds makes around four burgers for this recipe
- Once your grill is at temp, place your burgers on the grill and insert a thermometer
- Let them smoke until desired IT for your burger (about 45 minutes, for us!)
- When burgers are close to desired temp, add the havarti cheese so it gets nice and melty
- Remove from the grill and prepare the grinder mixture!
The Grinder Mixture
- Mix the lettuce, onions, banana peppers, parmesan cheese, mayo, red wine vinegar, garlic powder, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes in a bowl
- Place the finished mixture on top of your burger
- Add a slice of tomato at the end
By now you’ll have a successfully smoked burger covered in gooey havarti cheese, a mouth-watering grinder mixture, and a tasty tomato to enjoy!
Dig in and smoke on!