November’s Winner: Bacon Wrapped Jalapeno Boats
By Member Art Guerin
Art blew us all away with a fantastic dish that is perfect for any tailgate, gathering, or side! They are called “jalapeno boats” and are super simple to do! He smokes them on his Traeger but any pellet grill will do.
- Six jalapenos
- ½ cup of shredded white cheddar cheese
- 12 strips of bacon
- Brown sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat your pellet grill to 250F
- While the grill preheats:
- Slice each jalapeno lengthwise and scrape out the seeds
- Add the cheese into the opening
- Wrap each jalapeno with bacon
- Sprinkle with brown sugar
- Place on grill for about an hour
- Time varies upon how crispy you like your bacon
- After an hour, serve, and enjoy!
Smoke on – great recipe, Art, congratulations!!