I am a sucker for a good boneless pork chop. Recently, I’ve been buying full pork loins from my local grocery store when they go on super sale and hand slicing my own boneless chops. Since we’ve had an abundance of chops recently, I decided to mess around with a few different rubs and methods to get the perfect pork chop on the pellet grill. I’ve found out that there are two ways: low & slow [recipe found here] and hot & fast. I’ve also found that different rubs perform better under different smoking methods. For my low & slow method, I found the perfect rub to be my savory rub (recipe included below) – take a look and give it a try yourself!
- Boneless pork chops
- This particular recipe calls for four pork chops
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp cracked black pepper
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tbsp granulated orange peel
- Preheat your smoker to 250 degrees
- While your grill is preheating, begin prepping your pork chops
- Thoroughly pat each chop dry
- Season each side of your chops and let sit until your grill is ready
- Smoke the chops until they reach 145 degrees fahrenheit (feel free to go until 160 if you’re more comfortable with that; they’ll still be juicy!)
- Remove the chops from the smoker and let them rest for about ten minutes before slicing them
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!