Chicken breast often gets a bad rep in the BBQ community. Personally, I think it all comes down to the cook’s inability to get a juicy product with a nice finish. Chicken breast, when smoked correctly, can provide a nice bite followed by an intense heat or a smokey flavor profile; depending which rubs you use. You can feed a crowd on a budget with chicken breasts or create a nice meal after a long week day.
- Six boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp of kosher salt
- 2 tbsp of cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp of cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp of chili powder
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- Begin by patting each breast completely dry
- Rub the olive oil onto each breast as a light coating binder
- Liberally season each breast with your seasoning mixture
- Set your smoker to 225F and let the prepared breasts sit at room temp while smoker preheats
- When grill is at temp, place breasts on grill and insert a thermometer into one of them
- Let them roll in smoke for about 45 minutes or until 165 IT
- Pull from grill and let them rest for about ten minutes
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!